Saturday 5 May 2012

Beauty

What is beauty? To some it's being tall. To some it's the ability to face the world with 100% self confidence. But I think we can all agree the most publicized type of beauty is being so skinny that if you bend down you have the possibility of splitting in half. Ok, maybe not THAT skinny but still the standards are pretty high. Marketers have now got almost the whole world to believe that skinny is always better. No real looking models out there (except for the "plus sized" ones a.k.a average looking ones). Marketers have got 65% of girls living on the planet to have an eaing disorder and I know 1% of that 65%. Although there have been very strong messages about not believing in that and that everyone is beautiful, no one will think that until marketers say "alright, Let's make our models more average looking so people don't have to compare to someone with 50lbs of makeup and then went through the photoshop process for 3 hours and that includes shrinking her waiste even more." At school they keep saying everyone's beautiful but I just want them to shut up because if the society isn't convinced that your beautiful then what's the point. Although you will think of yourself as pretty you have the reminder by billboards and ads that you are not (which is never true). People will always have this image of a perfect girl and guess who will never feel like she is beautiful in this world. Me. Everyday, when I wake up, I look out the window, and I see ads with "hot" women. I just say to myself "why cant I look like that?" Humans consume around over 1000 ads a day. That's a lot of put downs. People, this is the world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment